Sailing Books and Videos.
The Algoma Sailing Club Executive would like to say "Thank
You" to all the persons who are donating their old Sailing Books,
Magazines, and Charts to the clubhouse. All of these are being
displayed/stored in the upper meeting room. There are lots of comfortable chairs
and tables to spend a lazy day of reading and everyone is encouraged to make
good use of these resources.
There are lots of other Sailing Books and Videos at bookstores and on the Internet,
but for some additional free local resources, you can also try our local Public Library.
Or use the Online Free Keyword Search, (all 3 locations) Sault
Public Library Book Search.
Sailing Video & CD Examples
- Sailing Quarterly Video Magazine (videotape VHS) Volume 4, Part 1, 2, 3, 4
- Sailing Quarterly Video Magazine (videotape VHS) Volume 5, Part 1, 2, 3, 4
- Sailing Quarterly Video Magazine (videotape VHS) Volume 6, Part 1, 2, 3, 4
- Learn to sail (videotape VHS)
- Legends of the Great Lakes (sound recording CD) : spirit of the Great
Sailing Book Examples
- Sailing directions. St. Lawrence River. Ile Verte to Quebec and Fjord du
- Sailing directions : Rideau Canal and Ottawa River.
- Sailmaking : containing sketches, drawings, dimensions, helpful hints, and
techniques for the amateur sailmaker as suggested by Water, Wind, and Sail
publications along with recommended tools and materials
- Care and repair of sails
- The way of a ship : a square-rigger voyage in the last days of sail
- Sail away
- Best of SAIL magazine's things that work.
- Canvaswork & sail repair
- My old man and the sea : a father and son sail around Cape Horn.
- Learning to sail : the Annapolis Sailing School guide for all ages
- Build your own boat : building and fitting out for sail and power
- Under sail : equipment for the serious sailor
- The boating dictionary : sail and power
- Troubleshooting marine diesels
- How to buy a sailboat